Are you in Australia and cannot get enough beef jerky? Wondering from where can you buy the best beef jerky from? You’ve come to the right page. This popular snack is predominantly on everyone’s shopping list. So if you are heading out, there is a big chance that you are going to come across a place selling this nutritious and tasty snack.
Beef Jerky is a very popular snack in Australia
Beef Jerky is a universally popular snack made out of beef meat. But the level of fandom that you will see here in Australia is hard to find anywhere else; it is mind-blowing. Beef jerky gets sliced into bite-sized pieces that are seasoned. The marinated beef is then slowly dried in a dehumidifier till it loses all its moisture. Once the processing is done, it gets packed and sold. The absence of moisture in the packaged meat means that its shelf life is considerably increased.
It has earned the title of best snack in the world
If you are watching your weight, or planning to start a fad diet; beef jerky is the thing for you. It is less processed meat but excessively tasty and, of course, safe to consume.
It is rich in protein, and that is why if you are into keto or the paleo diet, you must absolutely surely go for this snack. You could combine it with a cold protein drink, and you are ready for a good day on the gym floor. Are your muscles overworked out? No problem. Beef jerky has enough proteins for muscle recovery after a particularly hard day at the gym.
Besides, it is so easy to carry it everywhere without worrying about spilling or spoiling. You can keep it fresh for up to 3 days of opening the packaging.
Where to buy beef jerky in Australia
You are lucky because beef jerky is a national favorite here in Australia. You can expect to find them in
- Breweries and baristas
- Liquor stores
- Convenience stores and
- Petrol/gas stations.
- You can hope to find them in the snack aisle in all good stores
- And if you don’t like going out for it, you could even shop online and get it delivered to your doorstep! Supermarkets like Costco, Aldi, and Woolworth’s stock various racks of beef jerky classified by their flavors.
Popular beef jerky brands include;
- The Jerky Co – Western Australia / Biltong also
- Bigwig Jerky – Australia wide Beef Jerky
- Jims Jerky – Toowoomba, Australia
- Kooee – Tasmania
- Riverina – New South Wales
- Empire Jerky – QLD
It is an anytime snack option
You could pick up a beef jerky at any time of the day without feeling the guilt pangs. With 58 grams of protein per 100 grams of meat, it has three times more protein than fish and chicken. It is excellent to consume before, during, and after intensive exercise, and you can take it with you when you go out to
Beef jerky is the perfect snack when you are weak and bored and tired and want to eat something just to while away your time. Say bye to chips and cola, say hi to nutritious beef jerky.
Lean beef used to make jerky is very healthy if you take it in the correct quantity. The meat is ethically harvested and processed. It is only dried with heat in a dehumidifier until all the moisture in it dries up. There are scores of flavors available, and you must specifically read the labels in case you have a particular type of allergy to sugars, salt, and soy.
The calories in the beef jerky depend mainly on the seasoning and the marinade used. The size of the jerky also is essential when you are counting the calories.
A package of beef jerky weighing about 100 grams will contain about 380 to 400 calories. This has about 35 grams of proteins, 4 grams of carbohydrates, and about 6 grams of fat. The value may differ based on the seasoning and flavor. Some companies have beef jerky with 0 carbs too.
Beef jerky bought anywhere in Australia is 100% safe to eat
- Beef jerky is not raw meat; it is dehydrated.
- All the water from it is dried to extend its shelf life.
- Completely dry beef jerky will not allow harmful bacteria to grow on it unless it gets oxidized in the air. That is why you must safely transfer all the contents into an airtight box or place it in the fridge after opening the package.
- Beef jerky has a long shelf life of 12 months if you store it in a cool and dry place.
- Gluten is a form of protein, and beef jerky does not have it naturally.
- Check for color, flavor, and aroma, and texture difference if you suspect the jerky has spoilt.
- It is good to consume the jerky by the ‘best before date’ that is mandatorily printed on the packaging.
Once you taste beef jerky, there is no way you are going back to anything else. We are saying this from experience. It is a great snack for everyone, including children. It is healthier than all the quick-fix snacks that are laden with unnecessary sugars and salt. It is available in every nook and corner to top it all, and you can even order it online for hassle-free shopping.